Monday, August 24, 2015

Welcome Students

Hello crafters, it is Shirley posting today!  Our #99 challenge for this week is to make a card with the theme of "Back to School" and use tan, red, black and white colors. Our school starts here next week so it is a perfect time to make a school card.


I decided to make a blackboard card. The card base is black card stock. I cut a red, white and tan layers to go over it. I cut the centers out of the layers to make it look like a blackboard.

I cut a square from black card stock to use as the actual chalk board. I used a Our Daily Bread Designs Pennant Swag die to cut the banner from tan card stock I sponged distress ink over the top of it. Next, used alphabet stamps to stamp the word "Welcome" on it with red ink.

The bows were made using the Memory Box Precious Hearts die. The bows were cut from the hearts, and adhered it to the top of the swag. I added a Silver Rhinestone to each bow. A girl has to add a little bling when she can. ~Smile~

I used the Memory Box Party Music die with red card stock, and sponged it with distress ink. We had music in grade school and that was my favorite class.

The arithmetic and ABC on the black board were stamped with white Craft ink. Arithmetic was my least favorite class.

I adhered the pieces of my card together using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. I actually remembered to order the Art Institute Metal Tip  to use with the adhesive this month. I really like it. It is really easy to apply it on small pieces or exactly where you want the adhesive.  I also use less of it this way.

Thank you, for joining us. I hope you will make a Back to School card to enter in the challenge this week. Tune in again this afternoon and see the card Diana has made!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

You would've made a great teacher with such a welcoming attitude, shown in the pennants! Love the blackboard idea and the music to make it a 'happy' card, though I am sure that although your DGD is not looking forward to going back to school, this happy card may change her frown to a smile!!

Lagene said...

Great card!And the color choices make it great for either male or female!