Thursday, August 6, 2015

Watercolor Orchids

Good morning! Diana here, and I'm excited to show you a new technique I tried after seeing this card.


I placed the Cattleya Orchids Gold Outline Sticker sheet by Elizabeth Craft Designs onto watercolor paper and painted using the Twinkling H2O's Thankful set. After it was dried, I peeled off the sticker to reveal the clean white lines.  Isn't the effect just wonderful?  I love how shimmery it is in real life.

To frame my tiny little painting, I did some "off the edge" die cutting with the oval from the Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight set. I cut in halfway with the oval, turned it around and cut into the other half, leaving the top bud and bottom stem whole. I then cut that around by hand. The large A2 Filigree Delight die is then matted on purple card stock, on top of a white base layer. I then added the intricate side dies by trimming off the lacy part of the Tranquil Moments by Spellbinders, (not in store) to the side of my card.

Finally, I added some pearls with the Ice White Viva Decor Pearl Pen. I don't think I've ever not added pearls to this die cut!

Thanks for looking and I hope you've been inspired to do some "paint in the lines"!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

No comments: