Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Birthday Wishes Tag

Hi, it's Jenny today, with a tag I made inspired by the current challenge. It's a color challenge this week with Reds, Pinks, Blue, Green and Yellow. I was trying to figure out how to incorporate all these colors when I got the idea to use my distress ink.


I started by cutting a tag from an old manila folder, using a Tim Holtz tag die from my stash. I placed a Memory Box stencil, very similar to the Memory Box Pattern Tula stencil sold at Classy Cards 'n Such on top, while I sponged various distress inks using a Mini Ink Blending Tool. To get the colors to blend and add a little glam, I sprayed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Pearl over the top.

While the ink was drying, I cut the "Birthday Wishes" words out of the Impression Obsession Greeting set, and colored them with blue distress ink. When the tag was dry, I glued the words and  Water Dew Drops to the surface, added some string and was done. This almost has a tie dye appearance which is kind of fun. I think I could use it both for a gift for an adult or for a child!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you can join in the challenge this week!


Click any of the links below to be taken to the products from the Classy Cards 'n Such shop.
Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

No comments: