Monday, August 24, 2015

Teacher Thanks

Hello!  Diana here to share my take on this week's #99 challenge Back To School at CCNS. I love everything about this week's inspiration photo! The theme and the colors - and the fact that school is starting soon. I love school supply shopping - getting organized - it's all great!


I started with a stitched edge rectangle made with MFT Blueprints 13 and ran it through with a Darice ruler embossing folder.

Because teachers are worth gold, I added a medallion by trimming the Spellbinders Mary Border Strip die,  cut made with the golden foil sheet from the SB Precious Metals Craft Foil collection.

I fussy cut an apple, colored with markers, and a white gel pen. Used Joy! Small Foam Pads to pop it up. I also brushed a generous coating with the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen all over the apple (before adding the white dots)!



I then tried a new-to-me method of embossing. I had seen it done several times. It's one of those techniques that sits in the back of my head that I say I will try someday... well,"some day" finally arrived! I first die cut the word "Thanks" out of black card stock. Then, I pressed my watermark ink pad onto it and covered it with Clear Detail embossing powder.  After I heat set that, I repeated the process again and achieved this wonderful glossy enamel look. Now I wonder why I waited so long to try this! 

I added some wood veneer from my supplies to finish my card. I hope you like it, and try a technique that you've been meaning to! 


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
 





 
Pin It

1 comment:

Lagene said...

Very pretty, I love the subtle pattern on the base that the embossing folder gave!