Monday, August 10, 2015

Love You Bunches

Hello, Diana here!  How do you feel about bunnies? I think they are just so cute. Since I don't see them actively plundering my vegetable garden like the deer do, I still like to see them hopping around in our backyard. They are always the brown bunnies with the white tails here.

 
I discovered something here that might help you with coloring them. I have found it difficult to color them and have them look realistic. This time, I die cut the bunnies from the Impression Obsession Rabbit Set, and Memory Box Springtime Bunnies from watercolor paper. I just brushed the back of the bunnies with very little brown pigment, and just brushed downward. The brown faded away quite nicely, and the rough side of the watercolor paper gave it a nice furry texture. It took two strokes to paint each bunny and then a touch of black for the eyes and nose! I think the key is to not over do it.

Each bunny was then nestled in the Impression Obsession Grass Border die, and framed in a matted square against a brick embossed background.

I wrapped some twine and popped up with Joy! Small Foam Pads. 

The sentiment was embossed using Black Detail embossing powder, on a stitched oval frame. 


As you can see, I took this week's inspiration photo to heart!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 







 
Pin It

1 comment:

andrea said...

So cute. I love my bunny dies and wanted to use them other than for
Easter cards. Thank you for the inspiration! Love it!