Wednesday, August 26, 2015

School Butterflies

When I read about this week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such, #99 Back to School - use the colors in the inspiration photo, and add something related to school, I had to laugh.

Mindy here, and every year on the first day of school I always had butterflies in my stomach. So my card this week is a pun on my First Day Jitters.


I started my card with a rectangle base that I ran through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder that embossed music on the card. I then backed it with a frame of red card stock before adhering it to my Kraft colored card base.

I then die cut the new, English Rose Bouquet die from Memory Box, along with the Elegant Musical Staff also from Memory Box. I adhered the roses and music staff with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to the embossed panel, then adhered some of the mini butterflies from the Butterfly Delights die cut, using some of the Texture Pattern #2 Foil Paper sold in the Classy Cards 'n Such online store.

My sentiment banner of a pencil was hand drawn and lettered with the phrase, "let the music move you!" and was adhered with Joy! Large Foam Pads.

I hope you have been inspired to create a card for our Back To School challenge this week. We love seeing what you create!


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 






 
Pin It

No comments: