Monday, August 17, 2015

English Roses

Hi, it is Shirley posting today. We are starting a new challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such for the week. It is a color inspiration challenge. Here is the card I made.

I started off with a white card base. I used a poppy ink pad to sponge around the edge of it to match the flowers on my card. The next two layers of paper came from a paper pad that I recently purchased.

I used the Memory Box Distressed Baptisia Collage die, with a white piece of card stock for the main layer. I sponged poppy ink around the edges of it also.

The main focal point was created using a die by Memory Box called English Rose Bouquet. I sponged it with poppy ink on the roses and colored the leaves with an olive marker.  I glued the die cut to the the card stock using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. I sponged the center of the roses with poppy ink.

The sentiment that is stamped on the card is from the Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set called Cocoa's Get Well Wishes.

For the finishing touch, I added sequins. I used white sequins and colored them with a marker to match the colors in the card. 

*Note - If you want to make your own sequins, there is a Sequin die set by My Favorite Things in the CCNS store. Just click below on the Sequin die, and it will take you to the store. This die has four rows of sequins in different sizes and designs, so you can have perfect sequins every time. Use them on foil papers, felt and more! They even look like neat buttons when cut out on pretty patterened paper!!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

What a beautiful and day brightening card - love the grid look of the bottom corner setting off the gorgeous roses - this card will surely cheer someone who is sick, real quick!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your card is so very beautiful and elegant - and the colors are lovely.