Friday, August 28, 2015

Framed Poppy

Good Morning, it is Shirley posting. I have made a beautifully framed Poppy card to share with you today. I really like the bright and happy colors.

I started my card using a gold colored card base. The next layer is made from a Heartfelt Creations Blazing Poppies  paper pad. It has gorgeous paper in it, and Beverly can order it for you if you like it.

I stamped my image which is from a Heartfelt Creations cling stamp set called Blazing Poppy Vase. I colored it with markers. I used a circle die to cut the image out. I left the image in the die and sponged around it with distress ink.

I cut four Poppy Stamps Angel Corner dies from white card stock. I layered the corners behind the circle. They make a beautiful frame for the poppy vase.

I used the Jolly Bumblebees die, by Memory Box, to cut the bee and placed it on my flower. I added a piece of gold rick rack across the vase to complete my card. 

I used Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and the Art Institute Metal Tip to adhere the pieces to my card.

Thank you, for dropping by today to take a look at my card.

There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details. Come and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

4 comments:

irishgreensue said...

What a gorgeous card to wake up to see this morning - such bright and happy colors!! Love the
"3-D" effect of those angel corner dies too - makes your whole card POP!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is lovely. Great image, and a lovely background die. Thanks for the inspiration.
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Taunya Butler said...

This is so lovely and the colors are so vibrant and gorgeous!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful and elegant card - the colors are wonderful and I love the vase and the white die behind the vase sets it off perfectly.