Friday, August 21, 2015

An Ocean View

Hello, it is Shirley posting today. Summer is passing so quickly, so I wanted to make a beach theme card to share with you today.

I love the ocean, and I have not been to the ocean in a couple of years, so I made an ocean scene to view on a card.


My white card base is followed with a layer of blue card stock and gold card stock. I put a piece of Graphic 45 By The Sea for the next layer. Using a hexagon overlay die to cut the top layer to go over the Graphic 45 paper.

The lighthouse is also from the Graphic 45 By The Sea  paper pad. I used the Impression Obsession Mini Nautical Set to cut the anchor, the ship wheel and the life buoy.
I adhered them to the card using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

The final detail to my card was taking a piece of recycled thick twine  from a gift bag and made the sailor's knot.

Thank you for taking a look at my card. I hope you liked it.


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details. Come and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

3 comments:

irishgreensue said...

I can almost hear the foghorns sounding as I look at this amazing card! Love how you layered this with the hexagon diecut and added the mini dies of the life preserver and ship's wheel, but the sailor's knot from the recycled twine was a stroke of genius - great manly card!!

Kathy Bradley said...

So beautiful - wonderful beachy colors and love that knot at the bottom - very cool.

Lagene said...

WOW! I love the elements and the COLORS!!!!!!