Friday, July 4, 2014

Watercolored Twinks

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today.  This card has been percolating in my head for several weeks.  There's been an explosion of watercoloring on cards lately, and I just had to see how this would turn out.


I actually pulled out my Twinkling H2O's and experimented with my brush strokes until I got a background that I liked.  I used the Twinkling H2O's from the Carnivale set - Mandarine Citrine, Orange Peel, Deep Coral, and Mediterranean Blue.  I swiped on large swaths of color of the yellow, orange, and coral paints, and then I flicked the blue paint over the whole thing.  I love the blue spots! Look at that gorgeous shimmer!!


Once my piece was completely dry, I stamped the sentiment from the Celebrate set (Stampavie).

I added a Memory Box Tall Chloe Stem die cut, from black cardstock directly over the painted background.  It really stands out against the swaths of paint.

Finally, I cut the scallop border from the My Favorite Things Blueprints 4 die set, and added the border to the left side of the watercolored piece before adhering them to a turquoise card base.

Isn't that a fun piece??  Pull out your Twinkling H2O's and make your own watercolored backgrounds!  No two pieces will be alike and you will have tons of shimmery fun!


 So much twinkle and shimmer on your card! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

No comments: