Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Gingham Memories

Hello Classy Friends, Diane here with you on the blog today. This week is starting off with our Gingham challenge using the photo below for inspiration, you need to have gingham somewhere on your project!


I remember as a child how popular gingham was. I even had my bedroom decorated with gingham. We had to make a gingham apron in Home Economics" at school, so you might say I have always been a "gingham" girl!

Impression Obsession has a nice line of "cover a card" stamps. I am using Gingham Cover A Card, just think with this stamp you can have any color of gingham you want. These stamps are wonderful as they stamp big and you can choose to use the entire image of just a fraction of it. I chose to use the entire stamp with a red ink. Don't you just love red gingham?


I used the Mega Mount to mount my Cover-A-Card stamp on. This is a very large acrylic block that fits the stamps perfectly!


I cut four of the Cottage Kutz Fancy Floral Butterfly Corners and positioned them around my card to make a frame. A little tip in using the intricate dies is to place a piece of wax paper over your die, then you paper on top of that before cutting, it makes for a much easier release. To help get all those little pieces out of your cut piece, there is a wonderful new tool by Spellbinders called Tool 'n One.

For the center of my frame, I stamped JustRite Hello Daisy with Versamark, first running the Anti-Static Bag over my card stock, then embossed with Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Black Fine Embossing Powder.

Using Spellbinders Floral Ovals, I positioned it over my stamped image and die cut it.

To finish my card, I added Red Pearls to each corner, a gingham bow and button.

Join our challenge with us, there is always a nice prize to win with 7 or more entrants. Tell your friends to join in too, the more the merrier!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

3 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. Love those corners.

Mulberry Mindy said...

I love the gingham background stamp. I'm glad you featured it stamped in red, one of my favorite colors. Love the intricate dies, too!

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Diane!! The red gingham is so beautiful!! Love the dies you used!! This is fabulous!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts