Monday, July 28, 2014

Gingham Thank U

Hello, it's Diana today for the CCNS Gingham challenge!  Today I am using one of my favorite color combinations,  Red and Kraft colors.



I tucked a die cut from ODBD Beautiful Borders before I applied the gingham ribbon on top with Scor-tape.

I stamped the letter "U" in Creamy Caramel and then again in Close to Cocoa and the third time in Creamy Caramel. I was trying for a solid "U", but loved this effect because it looks just like cork to me.  Happy surprises! To get the Thank U perfectly centered, I used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to cut it just right. This is so much easier than trying to center your stamp or trimming it with a paper cutter. I matted the sentiment and then added foam pads to pop it all up. 

Another trick I used on this card is to cut tiny strips of the red cardstock to thread through my buttons for a perfect match.

For the final touch, I used my Bow Easy to create my little gingham bow.

You're invited to Classy Cards 'n Such to see all the amazing products available.

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!
 
Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
 
   
Pin It

2 comments:

Mulberry Mindy said...

Lovely card, Diana! I love the red gingham, and the red and kraft colors go together so well.
Mindy

Diane said...

Beautiful card Diana...love, love the red gingham ribbon and now I have to go and check out those ODB dies...your entire design is fabulous!!