Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pearls and Seashells

Hello! I'm Gracie, and this is my very first post for Classy Cards 'n Such.

This week's challenge is called A Day at the Beach, and who doesn't long for one this summer, right? Well, it certainly reminded me of the aquamarine beaches we have in Honduras, particularly in the Bay Islands. So I had to use this fresh color, combined with white and sand beige, to make my card.


I used Spellbinders dies to make my card. I created the card base and central frame on the Diamonds Effects largest frame, die cutting with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.

Then, I decided I wanted to make a double frame for the seashell with White Pearl Linen, to make it stand out from the background. To make the double frame I die cut eight corners from the A2 Filigree Delight. I layered the first four with the filigree ends towards the inside, trying to achieve a square shape. Then I layered the other four with the filigree ends towards the outside, on top of the first frame. This results in a very elegant, nicely layered base for a focal image or sentiment.

To put together my design I added a free seashell image I found on the internet, customized it to match the color of my cardstock, and printed it three times on White Pearl Linen. Once cut, I made a decoupage with them which worked out nice with the rest of the design. To finish, I added some pearls of various sizes, vinyl crystals and heat embossed a sentiment on Heavyweight Vellum in Silver detail embossing powder.

I hope you enjoyed my card and that it has inspired to create a card with a beach theme for our challenge this week! Thanks so much for your visit.



Your card is so pretty! Thanks Gracie!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Gracie's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 





Pin It

3 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card.

Diana Nguyen said...

Beautiful card, Gracie! Love how you made your double frame and those big pearls are a wonderful touch!

Graciellie Design said...

Thanks so much Diana! You're always so kind :D