Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Wreath

Hi, it's Debbie today! Welcome to our weekly challenges! This week's challenge is Pick A Posy.

Since moving to the countryside, I see wreaths hanging on doors or fences. I thought it would be fun to create that idea on a card.


I started out with white cardstock for the base of the card. The background was created by using Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Bricks and Bark embossing folder. The bricks are colored with Tim Holtz Broken China and Tea Dye distressed ink pads. I lightened the Broken China by first rubbing my sponge on a white ink pad. Then lightly applied the Tea Dye for to make the brick look old.

The door is the Screen Door with Dog die, from Cheery Lynn Designs. I cut it twice and added a piece of flexible screening between the two doors. To make the door swing open, I cut two small rectangles for hinges and glued them to the back of the door and to the card itself.

The wreath form, I used two Spellbinders Standard Circle dies. For the greenery, I used a branch punch and leaf die. I used a stylus from the Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit to shape them. Everything was glued to the wreath using the Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive with the Art Institute Metal Tip.


The small yellow flowers were created by using the Flower Mound by Memory Box. To get the flowers out of the die, I used the Tool 'n One over the back of the die. To cup the flowers, I used a stylus from the McGill Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit and the molding pad from Sizzix Susan's Garden Tool Kit. For the center of the flowers, I used the Yellow Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add a little drop of pearl.

The yellow rose was made with the Spiral Flowers die by Impression Obsession. I used a yellow alcohol marker, Spectrum Noir #CT2, to outline the tops of the flowers. For the center bud, I added a larger drop of the Yellow Viva Decor Pearl Pen.

To finish off the wreath, I added white butterflies, left over from the Spellbinders Butterfly Circles die. I used the blue alcohol marker, Spectrum Noir #TB2, to color the butterflies.

The inside panels of the card are finished off using the blue/green papers from the Bellisima A5 Paper Pack by Papermania. It looks like wallpaper, and gorgeous! 

Thanks for taking a look today. Please join us for our weekly challenge, we would love to see your creative cards and projects!


Your card is so pretty! Thanks Debbie!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Debbie's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






   
Pin It

2 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Debbie, your wreath is so pretty. I love the fullness of it. I like your idea of using the screen on the door and you did a fab job on the brick.

Debbie said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful comment!! It was easy and fun to put together!

Debbie