Sunday, July 27, 2014

Lilac Elegance

Hello, it's Gracie today, and welcome to a new inspiration post for Classy Cards 'n Such! Our challenge this week is to use Buttons and Bows in our cards.

Today I'd like to share a card that represents very much my approach to the classy and elegant card making style. I enjoy to combine colors with white to create contrast, and today is no exception. Lilac and white combined always result, from my point of view, in a very elegant design.



For this creation I used Spellbinders dies. I started off as always with my indispensable A2 Matting Basics A. I used the largest die of this set to cut my card base and patterned layer. I like to print my digital designer papers in White Pearl Linen (it's one of my favorite cardstocks). The patterned layer was dry embossed with a M-Bossabilities folder, to add some interest and texture.

For the next layer I created a central column using the largest die from the A2 Filigree Delight set. To do this:

1. I die cut the frame and central oval window.
2. Cut it in half vertically and, 
3. Adhered the resulting parts parallel to each other with the half oval contour facing outward.




Next, I added a very layered central frame using Imperial Gold Labels Four.

1. I die cut the medium size label once in metallic lilac cardstock and adhered it horizontally on the center of the card. 
2. Then I die cut the next smaller label twice, once in lilac and once in White Pearl Linen. I adhered the smaller lilac label vertically and then added the white label horizontally on top of it. The white label was stenciled and sponged with Memento ink in Lulu Lavender. Lastly, I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment from Our Daily Bread Designs, in Gold detail embossing powder.


Finally, in order to fulfill the challenge I attached a handmade, lilac triple bow embellished with a gold vintage button.

My mission is to inspire you, so I hope you enjoyed my card and feel motivated to create a card with Buttons and Bows for this week's challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks so very much for your visit!


Your card is so beautiful! Thanks Gracie!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Gracie's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! 

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





  
Pin It

No comments: