Friday, July 11, 2014

Make A Posey

Hello, Joy here today!  Great challenge for this week - we are to make a flower or flowers. Classy Cards 'n Such has so many flower dies! Check out the selection under Flowers, Leaves and Trees.

I saw a demonstration that showed how to make a flower without a specific flower die. So I am giving it a try. All you need is a circle die - any kind. Classy Cards 'n Such has a great selection.

I used a die by Spellbinders called Picot Edge Circle.  I cut the three largest ones in the set, cut into the circles, and rolled each one up after inking the edges with a Mini Ink Blending Tool and Tim Holtz Distress Ink.



I cut the leaves from Build A Flower #1 Petals, stamped the sentiment from Mighty Tower by Inky Antics, and cut it out using a Labels Eighteen frame by Spellbinders.  Leaving the die in place I inked the edges with the Mini Blending Tool using a Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad. I arranged the elements with the Small Joy Foam Pads, on a piece of designer paper from the Simple Stories 6x6 pad called Vintage Bliss.

We now invite you to join in this challenge.  Beverly, owner of Classy Cards 'n Such, has great prizes with 7 or more players.  We would love to see what you do with the flower challenge!  Make a flower, and post it on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.

Thanks for looking at my card - have a HAPPY stamping day!

Beautiful and inspirational card! Thanks Joy!

If you like Joy's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







  Pin It

1 comment:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card. I love the colors. Great job on the flowers, too.