Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baking Gingerbread

The holidays will soon be upon us!  Hello friends, Mindy here, with my card for this week's challenge #43 Gingham.


The inspiration for this week's challenge was a basket of gingham ribbons, and when I think of gingham I think of home made goodness!  Whether it is crafting from gingham fabric, or baking treats and packaging them tied with gingham strips.

Most of the items on this card are cut from dies that I have purchased from the Classy Cards 'N Such.

I started by taking out my pad of Graphic 45 -Twelve Days of Christmas papers, and cut the ever useful Twig Wreath with pine needles for the base.

The next die used, was the bow die from the Bow and Bell die set. I cut it from the orange gingham printed paper from Graphic 45's By The Sea collection, and the solid outline of the bow from a scrap of orange card stock. I then adhered the solid outline of the bow to a wide strip of double stick tape and filled in the bow with the printed paper parts. I then attached it to the top of the wreath and adhered the wreath to the card front with Joy! Foam Squares-small.

Then the cutting of the tiny Batch of Gingerbread men began. I die cut them in two colors, and cut bunches of them, enough to trim the wreath and fill the cookie jar.

The Tall Canning Jar die was then used to cut two jars from the vellum paper. I glued the two jar pieces together using a clear white glue, and then decorated the lid with scraps of the orange gingham paper, some twine and a pine sprig from the wreath. I also cut a small tag for the jar, and then filled the jar with all of the leftover gingerbread men.  

To finish the card I attached two scraps of the gingham papers to the card front and then using adhesive dots, attached the cookie jar to the front atop the gingham layers.

I hope you enjoy this card, and have a great week!


What a cute Christmas card! Thanks Mindy!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

Check out the Weekly Deals at Classy Cards 'n Such here.

If you like Mindy's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

2 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very pretty card. Love the red gingham.

Diane said...

Very cute card Mindy...love those little gingerbread and the "glass" jar...I can smell them baking now!!