Thursday, July 24, 2014

Butterfly Tag

Hi, everyone!  This is Diana, and for this week's Button and Bows challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such, I made a little tag for my card.


I just love butterflies and I made this one out of Vellum for a nice airy look.  For my tag, I dabbed Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers distress ink and dabs of Antique Bronze and Brushed Pewter Distress Stain on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water and then swirled my tag over the mixed inks (video tutorial here).  I even stained my gray ribbon and thread with the brushed pewter for some added shimmer.


 I popped up the tag with Foam Pads, and adhered the button and bow with 1/4" Scor-tape over my embossed background.  For a final touch of shimmer, I used my new Wink of Stella Glitter Pen over the top layer of my butterfly.  I just love how easy and quick it is to use the glitter pen.

I hope you get a chance to play along.  Thank you so much for looking!


Your card stands out so pretty! Thanks Diana!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diana's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! 

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  



 
Pin It

2 comments:

Stef H said...

this is beautiful! so elegant! fabulous colors!

wannabcre8tive said...

So beautifully done. I love the use of the distress inks, those colors are so pretty.