Sunday, July 6, 2014

Bold Dot Tape Card

Hi, it's Holly posting today!

Sometimes you just gotta break out of your stamping rut and go with different colors, different patterns, or different layouts to recharge your creativity.  That's what I did with this bold and dotty card.


I pulled out the Trendy Tapes that I had bought from Classy Cards 'n Such, and I picked out the ones with the polka dots on them. I started with a white card base and laid down a strip of the Polka Dot Pink Trendy Tape on the right side. Next to that, I laid down some Polka Dot Green Trendy Tape.  Next I pulled out the Polka Dot Black Trendy Tape and put a strip down at the bottom of the card, crossing over the green and pink tapes that I had already laid down. I followed up with another strip of the Polka Dot Pink Trendy Tape above the black tape.

I pulled out the Happy Birthday stamp set by Stampavie, and stamped the birthday sentiment with black ink in the white space next to the washi tapes.

The flowers were cut from the Miniature Rose, the Medium Rose, and the Large Rose dies from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I gave the flower petals some texture and dimension by using tweezers from the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to curl the edges up.  Once the flowers were assembled, I used some small black brads in the centers of the flowers to hold them together.  I then glued the flowers down onto the card.

I love the bright colors and the polka dot patterns on this card.  The use of white space really helps the washi tapes stand out.  I hope you've enjoyed this bold and fun card today!


A bright and cheerful way to send greetings! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Check out all the new products added to the store here. There are many items added to the Clearance  section with NEW PRICE REDUCTIONS, so be sure to grab them before they are gone!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

No comments: