Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Count Your Blessings

Hello, friends, Mindy here today with a card for this week's challenge at the Classy Cards 'N Such blog, #42 Buttons and Bows!


I started this card by embossing an A2 size sheet of card stock, with the Daisy Flourish embossing folder, sending it through my Cuttlebug machine. I then took the Memory Box designer stencil Garden Stems, and added Dreamweaver Embossing Paste to use as stems for my button and bow flowers. 

To give the background some definition, I highlighted the embossing with a white pen, a touch of Gold Glitter and some Cantaloupe colored Liquid Pearls. It was then set aside to let dry.

I then took some ribbon, and made three small single bow flowers and adhered a single gold colored small Medallion Sparklers button in the centers. The bows were then adhered to the background at the ends of the stems to look like a bouquet of flowers, with a double loop bow tied at the bottom of the bouquet. 

I also stamped a saying, Count Your Buttons and Blessings, on a banner strip and used  Joy! Foam Pads Large to give the banner some dimension and adhered it to the front of the card. 

The whole time I was working on this card, the song "Button and Bows" sung by Doris Day was going through my head.  It was a little before my time, but parts of the song were familiar to me, and those parts kept repeating over and over all day.

Your card is so pretty! Thanks Mindy!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used. 

If you like Mindy's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! 

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 



Pin It

No comments: