Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Birch Trees

Hello, it's Diana posting today! One of my favorite books is Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Birch trees always remind me of Anne, and this card evokes the same peaceful stroll through the woods.  I think it would work nicely as a wedding or anniversary card - or even just as a "Miss you" to a kindred spirit.



To make the card, I used Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter Distressed Stain to make my background.  This is great when you can't find the perfect silver card stock.

The next layer is the Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight die cut.

For the top layer, I used a Spellbinders Standard Oval die, cutting an oval for the stenciling. To make my stencil match, I daubed some stain onto my craft paper and mixed it with the Embossing Paste and applied it to the Garden Birch Trees stencil. It's not as shimmery as embossing powder on top of paste but the subtle effect is more fitting for this card. I added some dimensional foam and attached it to the center of the Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight.

To make the flower, I cut circles out of red organza and singed the edges of the circles with a candle. The heat causes the organza to curl and once different sized circles are layered, it makes this sweet flower. I sewed some pearls for the center and some green ribbon into leaves. I love the pop of color against the silver and white background.


Your card is lovely for many occassions! Thanks Diana!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diana's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! 

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Check out all the new products added to the store here. There are many items added to the Clearance  section with NEW PRICE REDUCTIONS, so be sure to grab them before they are gone!

Thanks for stopping by...Until next time...

 




  Pin It

No comments: