Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stars and Stripes

Welcome to Diana, our new design team member. Diana takes on this weeks challenge, celebrating a milestone in her life.

One of the Lord's biggest blessing in my life has been to make me a first generation American.  Our family is one of many that left from Vietnam by boat, and I am truly grateful to be living here in the land of the brave and free.

So this abbreviated verse is perfect for my stars and stripe card based on Classy Cards 'n Such Inspiration challenge photo. It's also a wonderful blessing for all who have served or are serving our country.


I'm still playing with my embossing paste and stencils. This time, I used white Dreamweaver Regular Embossing Paste with my Texture Wave stencil.  After I removed the stencil and while the paste was still wet, I poured Silver Fine Detail embossing powder over my paste.  I then tapped off the excess and waited 15 minutes or so, for the paste to dry a bit and then used my heat gun to melt the embossing powder.  It gave the embossed powder some extra dimension.

I then used my Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to cut out a section of my waves (calling it stripes here to go with my theme).  The A2 Matting Basics A is great for seeing the exact section you want to cut out without wasting (I used to just trim until I got it right - which is sometimes smaller than what I wanted!).

I die cut some stars out of blue and red cardstock and popped those up on foam and dimensional tape.

Hope you find new ways to play with your embossing paste!


Great inspirational story for your card. Thanks Diana!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diana's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! 

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







  Pin It

No comments: