Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pretty In Pink

Good day everyone! It's Gracie here, ready to share a card with you inspired on our challenge for this week - Use Gingham! This time I went for a pretty monochromatic card, with lots of pink and cuteness.


I used Spellbinders dies to make my card. I started off by printing my gingham patterned paper on White Pearl Linen which is my preferred texture for this task. I then die cut the main layer with A2 Matting Basics A. Next I created a vertical column layering lots of borders in pink and white. I used the most wonderful metallic cardstocks, Stardream Rose Quartz and Riccio Astrosilver Embossed Metallic, for the borders. I die cut them with Classic Edges Two and dry embossed them with an M-Bossabilities folder to add interest and to spotlight the metallic papers. Right on the center I added a strip of gross grain ribbon that unifies the design.

Using the smallest die from Imperial Gold Labels Four, I die cut a label in White Pearl Linen, which was stenciled and sponged with Distress Ink in Spun Sugar. I stamped and heat embossed it with a French sentiment from Justrite's set French Frills, in Silver detail embossing powder.



Finally I embellished the card with half a dozen paper flowers I made using Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms. All the flowers were made using the same dies (medium and large size) but they vary in size and shape because of the different techniques I used to make them. For those that I decorated with pearl stamens, I simply started rolling the flowers around the stamens from the beginning. The more open I rolled the flower the larger it resulted. This flowers are distressed before they are rolled and that is why they have an organic look, so to speak. I added some little leaves in white and some little gingham patterned flourishes from Spellbinders French Frills set to finish the design.


I had a lot of fun making this card and I really hope you enjoyed it.


Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right column. You'll love the special sales!

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







 
Pin It

2 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love pink. The flowers are beautiful.

Jenny Alia said...

This is stunning! Gorgeous flowers.