Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pick A Posey

Hello my Classy Friends!

Diane here with you today with my project for Classy Cards 'n Such challenge this week, which is Pick A Posey.
I decided to "think outside the box", so to speak, and alter a cheese box for my project. I had a "laughing cow" cheese box on hand and I find these to be the perfect boxes to alter.


I started with my Graphic 45 Botanical Tea papers. These are the most beautiful papers to work with.

After my box was covered I used a Spellbinders Exquisite Circles die for my center doily.

My flower was made using a Susan's Garden Clematis die. If you have never used one of these dies, I have to say this line of dies is very, very easy to use and look "life like" when finished!


I colored my flower with PanPastels Flower Coloring Kit by Susan's Gardens, using the Magenta color and applied it with Sofft Covers Point Applicators.To shape my flowers I used Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat.



I have a new Clematis this year  called "Nellie Moser" which I bought for the name alone. As my dogs name is Nellie, and though I don't have a picture of it, I can say it very much looks the color of this one. I do have a picture of a variety of my Clematis I want to share with you!


To finish my box, I die cut 3 Butterflies from the Joy! Crafts Butterfly Trio dies. I used a bit of cloth covered floral wire and mounted a butterfly "spiral" on my box. I added Pink Pearls to the butterfly. The other 2 butterflies were added to "flutter" around the box using Small Joy! Craft Foam.

This will be the perfect little gift box to hold some small trinkets! I invite YOU to join us in our challenge this week. We would LOVE to see your creation and you could even win a PRIZE!


What a lovely way to give a gift! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! 

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Diane, what a great way to re-purpose something. I love it when a something like this is a gift within a gift. This would be pretty on a dresser or shelf!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your altered box is just beautiful. Your clematis is gorgeous, the petals almost look real.