Thursday, September 3, 2015

You Brighten My Life

Diana here again with another shaker card! I hadn't cleaned up since the previous card so I might as well use it again, right?



I just LOVE this Memory Box Fairyland Butterflies.  The butterflies on there are just so pretty! I had plans to make them colorful, or the background could be colorful. Here I went with white on white! Haha!

To make this shaker card, I started with the largest rectangle die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. I then die cut out the Fairyland Butterflies out of the rectangle. I flipped it over, used lots of 1/8" Scor-tape to adhere my Clear card stock. This is the perfect tape for shaker cards - it is so strong and yet skinny enough to get between the small spaces of dies.

I don't like the use the liquid glue because they sometime smear onto the clear card stock and it just looks kind of messy to me. Keeping it flipped over, I added tiny strips of foam tape around each individual butterflies as well as along the edge of the card.  It was a little tedious but I wanted each butterfly a unique color and to make sure that when I shook the cards, the sequins didn't start merging.  I then sealed everything together after I added the Sequins with another large rectangle piece of card stock.


I die-cut another Fairyland Butterflies out of white adhesive card stock for the front of the acetate window. I also added a White embossed sentiment from a stamp set in my stash, on black card stock that was trimmed using another die from the  Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.

Thanks for looking! Now off to clean my desk, maybe!


Click any of the links below to be taken to the products from the Classy Cards 'n Such shop. Don't forget to check out the NEW section. It is loaded with new goodies! 

Thanks for stopping by!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

1 comment:

Taunya Butler said...

WOW oh WOW - this is awesome and so beautiful!! Love those butterflies!!