Monday, September 14, 2015

Wispy Flowers

Hi, it is Shirley posting today. I have made a card for the Challenge - #102 An Apple A Day to share with you. I was inspired by the colors and the patterns in the cute apple cookies. The patterns I incorporated in my card was the hearts and plaids.


I used white, pink and green card stock for my card today. The top layer of white was embossed using the Darice Plaid Background embossing folder.

The stems for the flowers were cut using the Memory Box Tall Chloe Stem die. The wispy blooms were cut using the Dee's Distinctively Secret Garden Flower 1 die. I put a light coat of glue on the flowers and sprinkled them with Crystal Ice glitter.

The birdhouse  and hearts were cut using the Impression Obsession Birdhouse die set.The grass was cut using Impression Obsession Small Grass Border.

I cut the fence using Poppy Stamps Country Fence.  I cut two of them, and stacked them on top of each other to make the garden fence taller. I placed a bow over the center of the fence, using the Sue Wilson Finishing Touches - Filigree 3D Itty Bitty Bow.

The clouds were cut using the Memory Box Puffy Clouds die.

I adhered all of the card pieces to the card using the Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

Please join us for the challenge this week. I would love to see what inspires you from the inspiration picture. 


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

3 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Those cookies sure look mighty tempting, Shirley - a terrific jumping off point for your sweet card today!! Love that you chose the plaid for your inspiration because the EF makes a great BG for the pink and green of the chloe flowers - great idea to make your fence taller - now you can add "builder" to your resume!! Love the tiny hearts and the dainty bow on the bottom - a perfect signature to your card!

Taunya Butler said...

BEAUTIFUL card - rich with colors and amazing details!! The texture is completely awesome!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Beautiful and elegant. The dies you used are lovely and so delicate!