Friday, September 18, 2015

Butterfly Dream

Good morning, friends!  It is Shirley posting today.

I have a butterfly card to show you. I knew the minute I noticed the stamp in the Classy Cards 'n Such online store, that I was going to love this stamp. I have no idea why I did not notice this beautiful stamp in the store sooner, but I think you will see me use it a lot now that I have it in my collection.

I started my card with a turquoise card base, and added a layer of purple and gold card stock over it.


I prepared my white card stock for embossing by using the Anti-static Bag, to avoid stray specks of embossing powder on my card. I stamped the Heartfelt Creations Dream in Beauty stamp, on white card stock using Versamark and used Gold Detail embossing powder. I colored the butterflies with markers. I used Distress Inks to sponge around the image. 

I chose to use the Impression Obsession 6 in 1 Frame die to cut the purple and blue frame.

For my finishing touch, I used the Memory Box Scalloped Posie die, to cut the purple flower. I used a leaf punch, to punch the turquoise and gold leaves. I scrunched the leaves to give them a more realistic look. I added a Silver Rhinestone to the center of the Scalloped Posie. 

I hope you liked the card and please come back this afternoon to see another one. 

There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details. Come and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

3 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Stunning card, Shirley!! The hues of blue, purple and gold embossing make beautiful music together - I fell for this card as soon as I saw it. Love that little purple flower to finish it off! HUGS!

Kathy Bradley said...

So very, very beautiful! The stamp is lovely and quite elegant - and the colors you chose to use are wonderful and rich!

Taunya Butler said...

GORGEOUS and just bursting with beautiful, rich color!!! Amazingly pretty butterfly and just such a pretty card!!!