Monday, September 21, 2015

Shimmery Reindeer

Hello everyone! It is Shirley posting today, with a card for our deer inspired Christmas card. I love Christmas cards with gold and silver, so those are the colors I used on my card for today.


I started with my white card base. I added a silver layer and a gold embossed layer of card stock.

I cut the main decorative image using Marianne's Anja's Large Oval. I stamped the "Tis The Season" sentiment from the Flourishes Holiday Topiaries stamp set with Versamark. I then embossed it with Gold Detail embossing powder. 

Next I used silver foil paper from the Foil Paper - Textured Patterns 1, to cut out the deer, using the Memory Box Leaping Deer die. I also cut a second deer using chipboard to make the deer more stable. I tied a piece of gold cord around the neck of the deer. I used Joy Small Foam Pads to pop the deer up on the beautiful die cut.

Last but not least, I cut four snowflakes to go in all four corners with the Impression Obsession Small Snowflake die set.


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Really a stunning card, Shirley!! Love that large die you used for the background behind the deer!! The gold and silver layers give this such a regal look!! Your deer looks great cut from the textured foil paper!! Just beautiful!

Kathy Bradley said...

As always, gorgeous and elegant! The deer is so pretty and sparkly!