Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Cupcake Celebration

Let's Party! It's our #100 Weekly Challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such, and our theme this week is Bright and Festive- make a card that is party oriented using our Photo Inspiration.

Mindy here, sharing my card that is beautifully colored cupcakes that are great for any party!


I started with my favorite colors of Ken Oliver's Color Bursts, Alizarin CrimsonMerlot, and Yellow Ochre, and spritzed and sprinkled them on watercolor paper. A Spritzer Bottle works great! After adding water, I let the background dry while I stamped and colored my Cupcakes image from Impression Obsession. I love coloring this image, because you can use almost any marker to color the cupcakes. It always comes out bright and festive!

After trimming my stamped image and rounding the corners, I added a line of black ink for stitching lines and adhered it to the watercolor background.

I then stamped the greeting, Happy Birthday, from the Keep in Touch, Too stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I backed it with a scrap from the watercolor paper, and then added some multi-sized White Pearls from Want2Scrap.

I hope you have enjoyed my card, and will join us for our Celebration Challenge #100 this week on our blog.


Don't forget to check out the NEW section at Classy Cards 'n Such. Release from 2015 collections and more, are being added every day! When you check out, don't forget to enter your discount for a great savings!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

1 comment:

Taunya Butler said...

This card looks yummy and so fun!!