Friday, September 4, 2015

Colorful Poppy

Hi everyone, it is Shirley  posting today. Wow, it is September already, the summer just flew by!

We are sure heading into fall very quickly. I love the fall, but I do not like the winter that follows. I am hoping we are not going to have a winter that is really cold or snowy, but that is what is being predicted.

Let's move on to the card I have made to show you. It is bright and happy, I like happy and colorful cards.  How about you?


I started out using a black card base. I cut a white layer of white card stock and embossed it using the Dots embossing folder.

I took a piece of water color paper  and misted it with water in a Spritzer Bottle. I sprinkled Ken Oliver Alizarin Crimson Color Burst over the card. I used my heat gun to blow the water around on the water color paper and also dried it.

I stamped the Heartfelt Creation Blazing Poppy Vase over the top of the Color Burst water color paper. I used water color crayons to color over the poppy and the greenery, and used a paint brush with water to blend it. Next, I used a circle die to cut out the poppy. I layered it over a black and white scalloped circle. I added Black and Silver rhinestones on the side of the image.

I decided that I needed a border, so I added the Our Daily Bread Designs Beautiful Borders die. I adhered the border and the circle image to my card using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. Next, I used my Bow Easy to tie a black and white checked bow. I attached the bow to the border, using glue dots.

I am happy you stopped in this morning. Come back this afternoon to see another fabulous card!

Have a great weekend. 


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details. Come and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Wow, Shirley, that color burst really gave your card a tremendous pop of color for the flower image!! Love how you have it layered up with the dotted EF and scalloped circles and then added the border and ribbon across the bottom!! Just beautiful!!

Taunya Butler said...

WOW - so pretty and love the colors!!