Friday, December 18, 2015

Gatefold Latch Card

Good morning, Crafters.    It is Shirley posting today.   I have made a gatefold latch card to share with you.  I've seen a few of these on some of the blogs I follow and decided it was time for me to do some measuring and come up with a plan to make one.


I started with a white piece of card stock 4 1/4" by 11" for the card base.  I scored in from each side at 2 3/4 inches.
I cut the layers for the front using brown card stock and designer paper from my stash.  

Now I am going to get started on the latch for my card.  Here is a picture of the card partially open so you can see how the latch works.


The outer brown decorative piece of brown card stock was cut using the Sue Wilson California Collection - Beverly Hills die. I used the inside of this die to cut the white decorative piece.  The next brown decorative piece was cut using one of the Spellbinders Oval Regalia dies.  The center oval was made using an oval punch.

I used gold card stock to cut the Memory Box Willoughby Butterfly Wings.   

My Impression Obsession Brick House dies arrived this week.  I was really excited to get it because I wanted to used the decorative pieces for the eaves of the house for the corners of my card.  Not only can you make a cute little house with this set, you have two dies that can be used for corners.  I love dies that can be used for more than one purpose.  I am going to be using this one a lot.  I love the corner pieces.  

To construct the card, I used Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive to attach the pieces of my card.  When gluing the latch, you will want to glue half of the brown decorative piece to one side of the card and the white piece on the other side so your latch will open properly.

I added a few LeCreme Pearls for the finishing touch to my card.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my card.  Come back soon and we will have another great card for you to see.  If you haven't joined us for our Starry Night challenge this week, you still have time to  make your card and link it up to our blog.  The challenge ends tomorrow night.   We would love to see your card.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Sweet - a DOUBLE LATCH card?? The papers you chose to do this card are out of this world beautiful! Those corner dies really do dress up the front (not as though it needs it!) I love the overlapping latch assembly, and the way you added th golden butterfly to the center front !! What an amazing card!~~