Thursday, December 17, 2015

Baby, it's COLD!

My second card for this week is celebrating the snow that many of us are enjoying earlier than normal this year.  Many of the items used on this card are available in the Classy Cards 'n Such Online Store, and there is still time to order them in case you need to create your cards this year.


Mindy here, with a card that portrays a snow globe made from a mason jar, similar to the ones I used to make when I was younger.  My Grandmother was the vegetable grower and preserver in my family, and she kept canning jars of all sizes so she would have the correct size for any of her canning needs. She would always share one with me, so that I could glue greenery branches, pine cones, tiny flowers and toys into the lid then invert the glass jar to seal it all up. I used the Dots Embossing folder by Crafts-Too and a scrap of winter paper for the background.

I then created my jar by cutting two layers with the Tall Canning Jar die by Memory Box, one from white stock and one from clear packaging material.  I cut the lid from a silver mirror card scrap, then cut Fir Trees and Small Deer - both from Impression Obsession to place inside the jar along with a few snow flake sequins.

To complete my card, I added a few sparkly flowers along with a suitable sentiment from my stash, and my card was completed.  I hope it has inspired you to create a few cards of your own this year to send for the holidays.  Sign up to receive our daily posts of inspiration from our design team members. You will be glad you did!vx

The challenges for January and February 2016 have been posted.   Click on the challenge calendar on the right side of this blog and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!!   Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: