Friday, December 11, 2015

Cabrini Ornament

It is Shirley posting today.    It sure is starting to look a lot like Christmas.  I see Christmas lights everywhere I go and there is so much hustle and bustle going on in the stores with everyone doing their shopping.  

I have another Christmas card to share with you today.   I really like how it turned out, but I was not real pleased with the photograph.  I have a hard time getting a good picture when I use foil paper/card stock.  I have fluorescent lights in my craft area and it really creates a shine.   I went out on the sun porch to take the picture and it really helped.  I still have just a touch of shine on the reindeer, but it was the best I could do.  If you have any tips that might help me with this,  please let me know.



I used a black card base and added a layer of shiny gold sticker paper that had stars on it.  I added white card stock and then a layer of gold snowflake vellum.  I cut the reindeer with the same gold paper using the Sue Wilson Deer Family Festive Collection.  

I cut the ornament using the Memory Box Cabrini Ornament.  I used black, silver and gold paper to give my card an elegant look.  I added the snowflake using the Impression Obsession Small Snowflake Set.

The sentiment was gold embossed using the Impression Obsession Christmas Sentiments Stamp set.  I added black poinsettias using the PoppyStamps Small Blooming Poinsettia die.

I added the elements to my card using the Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.   I honestly love this adhesive.

For the finishing touch, I added Silver Rhinestones to the ornament and the poinsettias.  I added a Brown Rhinestone for the reindeer eye.

I am happy you dropped by to see us today.  I hope you enjoyed the card.  Come back and visit again, soon.


Join the Classy Cards newsletter and get the best deals on our products!  It's easy...the sign-up form is on this blog in the black box on the left side. Get 20% off an order of your choice as a newsletter subscriber.  What a deal!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...





Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Absolutely LOVE this classic card - the gold, black and white together have such an elegant look, and the deer and ornament, especially with the snowflake background, stand out beautifully!What a regal card!!