Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Angel Wishes

Hello friends, Mindy here with my weekly card for the Classy Cards 'n Such Weekly Challenge # 114- Angels. After studying the inspirational photo, I decided to create a shaker card using my Angel die as the focal point.





I stamped the card background with a snowflake stamp from my stash in Spun Sugar Distressed Ink from Tim Holtz, then began building my shaker element.  I used the Square Claudette Frame by PoppyStamps to cut one from white and one from a pastel print.  The pastel print was adhered to the card front, and the white frame was used for the shaker element. I enclosed my sequins cut from the Sequins Die-Namics from My Favorite Things in two layers of clear cellophane packaging from a recent die purchase. I used 1/4" Scor-Tape to close the package and adhere it to the Claudette Frame.  Joy! Foam Pads - Small were used to then adhere my shaker element to the card front.

I also cut two corners from a third Claudette Frame that didn't cut completely, and used those to add points to the top and bottom of my square shaker. I also cut a Bamboo Shoots die from Memory Box to add between the shaker and card base for texture. My focal image, the Angel Die from Impression Obsession is no longer available from the Classy Cards Online Store, but there is a beautiful one from Sue Wilson- 2015 Christmas Angel- Festive Collection available that would work just as well.

To complete my card, I cut a banner and added a sentiment, then added Baby Pearls - White around the frame.  I hope you have enjoyed my card, and find it inspiring when making your own cards.


Join the Classy Cards newsletter and get the best deals on our products! It's easy...the sign-up form is on this blog in the black box on the left side. Get 20% off an order of your choice as a newsletter subscriber. What a deal!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: