Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Washi Glitter Hello card

Hi, it's Holly posting today!  I pulled out some glitter and some washi tape and played around with those today.  I came up with this fun card to share with you.


I love these two washi tapes and I wanted to find a way to use them together on a card.  Since they both have green in them, I thought green glitter could be the unifying force.  So I gave it a shot, and this is what happened. 

I adhered a strip of the Aqua Antique Floral Washi Tape on a diagonal on white cardstock. Then I laid down a strip of the 1/4" Scor-Tape above and below the Washi tape.  A strip of the Antique Floral Washi Tape, (pink and white), was adhered above the Scor-Tape.  I then laid down another strip of the Scor-Tape above the pink and white Washi tape, and then repeated with the Aqua tape and another strip of Scor-Tape.

I carefully trimmed off the excess edges of the tapes and then set my piece down on some scratch paper.  I peeled the liners off all the Scor-Tape strips, and then I covered them with Peeled Paint Distress Glitter.  I used the Glitter Roll technique from Technique Junkies to make sure all the glitter was well-adhered, and then I shook off the excess.

I glued this piece down onto a green card base.  I used the same green cardstock to cut out the Hello - set of 2 die (Cheery Lynn Designs), and then I adhered the "Hello" to the bottom of the glittery background piece.

I thought about leaving this card alone at this point, but it just seemed to be screaming for a 3D flower.  I cut out the Olive Branches and glued them down on the left side. Next I cut out the Sweet William Strip, and used the tiny tweezers from the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to curl up the flower petals. I used a rhinestone brad to adhere the flowers together and then I glued the flower down over the Olive Branches.

I love how the Washi tape looks with the glitter in between them. It's so much fun to use glitter and the Scor-Tape and so much easier than messing with liquid glue!


Your card is so bright and cheery! Thanks Holly! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
 
Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh Holly, what a classy card! The papers and glitter really stand out and your flower is just perfect!!

Debbie