Friday, January 31, 2014

Time Forgotten

Hello Classy Cards 'n Such blog fans!

I'm Debbie, and I help Beverly out with behind the scenes work for the blog and other things. It's a lot of fun getting to see the Design Team's creations in advance, plus all the neat stuff that Beverly orders for Classy Cards 'n Such store. 

When I saw the Prairie Chic 6 x 6 paper pad by Bo Bunny, I knew right away what I wanted to do for a card.


For the base of my cards, I like to use 110 lb. weight cardstock. This gives me a nice sturdy background to add layers. 

The background gray wood paper is from the Prairie Chic 6 x 6 paper pad by Bo Bunny. Using a dual tipped ball stylus from the Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit, I embossed the lines between the planks of wood. To make the wood look more aged, I sanded the paper with a sanding block and rubbed white ink for a weathered look.

The Wagon Wheel and Barbed Wire are new from Cheery Lynn Designs. They are the perfect accents for the background paper. The deep detail on both dies really gives the feel of old and worn. First I sanded the wheel and used a brown marker to bring out the depth of the wood of the wheel. I used the small Joy! Foam Pads to give dimension under both dies. For the center hub of the wheel, I added a brass colored brad.

Since I wanted the Wagon Wheel and Barbed Wire to look like they had been forgotten in time, I used dark green cardstock and cut apart the new PoppyStamps Leafy Sprig Border and wove the sprigs between the wheel spokes. Glossy Accents was used to adhere the sprigs to the back of the wheel.

I added the Grass Border die from Impression Obsession. I cut the grass in both tan and olive green cardstock and added more Joy! Foam Pads for depth.

To finish the shabby look, the flowers are from the Memory Box die Flower Mound. I used the small dual tipped stylus from the Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit to shape the flowers and glued them on with Glossy Accents.

Other tools used: 

Tweezer Bee
Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat
Silhouette Pick-Me-Up - to pick up flowers
Metal Snippers - to cut apart the Barbed Wire die 
Crafters Tools - to pop out flowers from die

Thanks for letting me share my card. Have a great day!

What a cute card, Debbie!!!  I think she should share more often, don't you?

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

Be sure to check out the 20% off sale on Cheery Lynn dies here!   Some have already sold out!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


   Pin It

No comments: