Friday, January 17, 2014

Velvet Glitter Card

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today!

Have you seen the new Velvet Glitters in the Classy Cards 'n Such store?  Oh my goodness, they are GORGEOUS!  I've used the Orchid Rose Velvet Microfine glitter on this card here.




I started by pulling some papers out of the Love Letters Premium 6 x 6 paper pad, just mixing and matching until they were just right.  I cut the papers and adhered them to a black cardstock layer.

For the bottom, I die cut one of the solid beige papers (from the same Love Letters pad), with the Lady Kate Edger (Cheery Lynn Designs), and adhered it below the pink paper.

I then stamped the sentiment from Hugs and Kisses Sentiments (JustRite) with black ink directly onto the pink paper.  

Now the fun started!  I adhered two strips of 1/4" wide Scor -Tape above and below the sentiment. After I removed the liner, I covered both strips of tape with the Orchid Rose Velvet Microfine glitter.  I used the glitter roll technique from Technique Junkies to make sure the glitter was well adhered and then I brushed off the excess.  The Orchid Rose Microfine glitter is a perfect match with the colors in this Love Letters paper pad.

Next, I cut the Vintage Apothecary Jar from vanilla cardstock and set it down. I then used a small heart punch from my stash and punched out several hearts from the Love Letters Premium 6 x 6 paper pad. I then adhered the hearts to the "inside" of the jar and then affixed the jar to the card with some Joy Foam Pads. I glued the entire card front down onto a vanilla card base.

This glitter is just awesome.  It's so fine and so soft, it really does feel like velvet!  I can't wait to try out the other colors!!!


Your card is so cute and pretty! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

Be sure to enter the Hearts and Doilies challenge!  There's still time as it doesn't close until Saturday.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Oh my, your card is beautiful!