Thursday, January 2, 2014

Daisy Glitter Stripes

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today!  I was itching to pull out some glitters and play, so here's what I came up with.



Isn't that fun??  I had such a blast making this card.

First, I cut a layer of white cardstock and then laid down some strips of 1/4" Scor -Tape.  After I pulled off the protective papers, I remembered to turn my ceiling fan off BEFORE I opened the jar of glitter.  LOL!!  With the fan safely off, I opened the Misty Blue Ultra Fine Glitter from Sparkle 'n Sprinkle and sprinkled it all over the exposed tape.  I then did the Glitter Roll technique, from Technique Junkies, to make sure all my glitter was pressed down and then I shook off the excess glitter.

I stamped the sentiment from Anytime Sentiments from Impression Obsession with black ink and then adhered this white glittery layer to a black card base.

Next, I cut some white cardstock with the Shasta Daisy Strip from Cheery Lynn Designs and adhered the layers of flower petals together.  I glued a yellow button to the center and then glued the daisy down onto my card where the lines of glitter intersect.

Such a FUN card to make, I tell ya!  I have a feeling I'm going to spend this weekend making more cards like this with different colors of glitter and different flowers and sentiments.

Are you going to make a card similar to this one?  I'd love to see what you create!


Your card is so fresh and fun! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

The NEW Memory Box and PoppyStamps release has been revealed!  Orders started shipping to retailers today, but I don't have a date for my order yet.  However, you can place your orders for these fabulous new dies AND new stencils now for the best selection!   I expect that I will have my order sometime within the next week or so at the latest and we will be ready to ship to you!  You can see the dies along with other new products - like Wild Rose Studio stamps - in the NEW!!! section.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
Pin It

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Ooh, I love this card. So bright and fresh for the new year! Makes me wish spring was right around the corner!!

Stef H said...

my kinda card... absolutely stunning

wishing you a wonderful new year.