Saturday, January 11, 2014

Doily Lace Florals

Hello Classy Friends, Diane here with you today to share with you a new and fabulous die designed by Anna Griffin.  I think this is one of the most gorgeous new dies I have seen in a long time and I think you will agree!  You better pick yours up soon from Classy Cards 'n Such online store, as these beauties are selling out FAST!!

This particular die is called Flower Vine. It cuts like a dream and after it is cut, you run it through your machine to emboss. It creates a deep, beautiful embossing!  I run mine through a few times, moving the die to make sure I get all of it.  As you know, each machine performs differently.


My cards today show three different ways you can use/color your die cut. For the first one, I sponged Tim Holtz Distress Markers on. Easy and effective, don't you think??

The background embossing folder I used is a new to the shop Doily Lace by Darice. I think this embossing folder is so pretty, and the price is so reasonable too.  A little hint I do when embossing is to cut my card stock base slightly larger then an A2 card.  After all you want to capture all the beautiful embossing!


My second card, I painted on Twinkling H20's, using colors from Holiday Sparkle, Springtime, and Autumn Brilliance. I love how it gives it a shimmery look! (Hint...take a peek at the shop as Beverly is now stocking LOTS of new colors of H2O's). The card base is also the Doily Lace embossing folder.



My third card was colored with Pan Pastels Flower Coloring Kit. I think this gave the flowers a watercolor look...and of course, the background is the same lovely Doily Lace embossing folder.


I hope these cards give you a few ideas on how to use this new Flower Vine die!  Oh, and a little secret... there are a couple more Anna Griffin dies in the shop as well!

Until I see you next time, have a creative day!!


Your cards are gorgeous! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so, including the January Cheery Lynn release!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  
 
Pin It

4 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW these are beautiful! Thanks for all the different coloring ideas using this same die ... fabulous! What wonderful inspiration! Thanks ladies!

Lisa said...

Wow, these are so gorgeous!! The die is fabulous! I love the way you colored each one!! They look amazing!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen Letchworth said...

I just adore these gorgeous cards. Wonderful use of the diecuts and embossing folder. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
Karen

Debbie said...

The cards are gorgeous! I love how you showed the different ways to apply colors. Each card is so unique!