Saturday, January 25, 2014

Feathery Delight

Howdy, it's Holly posting today!

Remember my Glittery Pineapple card that I posted for the Stencil challenge? I tried that glitter technique again with this Peacock Feather stencil and I was more careful about wiping all the glitter off. I think this one turned out great!



I used the following products on this card:
Peacock Feather (brass stencil)
Kraft cardstock
Lady Kate Edger (Cheery Lynn Designs)

I did the same thing I did for the Glittery Pineapple card. I cut some of the double sided adhesive paper so it was slightly larger than the Peacock Feather stencil, then cut some white cardstock slightly larger than that.  I carefully adhered the 6" x 6" Double sided adhesive paper to the white cardstock, soaped up the back side of the Peacock Feather stencil with the coconut soap, and carefully placed the stencil (soap side down) onto the adhesive.

This time, I carefully glittered the outside of the stencil with the Green Nugget glitter, and then I used a tiny spoon to put some of the green glitter onto the edges of the feather.  I shook off the excess glitter, and then added some of the Misty Blue Ultra Fine glitter next to the green glitter on the feathers.  Finally I added the Lacy Lilac glitter to the middle of the feather and filled in all the areas that were still bare with Crystal Ice.

Next, I very carefully wiped off the stencil, making sure all the excess glitter was gone.  I carefully peeled the paper away from the stencil and then covered the exposed adhesive with the Crystal Ice glitter.  Then I let out a little squeal of joy at how pretty and glittery this turned out!

I cut out some blue cardstock with the Lady Kate Edger die, glued it behind the left side of my peacock feather piece and glued that down onto a  card Kraft base.  I stamped the sentiment from the Floral Vintage Labels Two stamp set onto some Kraft cardstock and cut it out with a notch on the right side and glued it to the bottom of the card.


This card is actually a different size than what I normally make.  Because this stencil is so tall and skinny, I thought it would be fun to mail this in a 3 5/8" x 6 1/2" envelope, so I made my card base 3 1/4" x 6".  The glittered feather fits perfectly on this size of card.


Your card is so pretty with the colors! Thanks Holly! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

Be sure to enter the stencil challenge!  It ends Saturday night, January 25th.  You just might be the winner!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


 
Pin It

No comments: