Friday, October 11, 2013

Sunflower Blessings

Hi, it's Holly posting today.  Is it fall yet??  It's beginning to show up here in Texas, but we aren't quite there yet.  So I'm staying inside with the air conditioning and cranking out some fall-inspired cards to share with you.  :-)
  
Today's card focuses on the sunflower and some warm fall colors.  I started with a mustard card base and I added a dark brown layer.  The vanilla background layer is a sheet of paper from the French Country 6 x 6 paper pad, and I stamped a rooster background (Impression Obsession) on it with Antique Linen distress ink.

I wanted a very pale and distressed stamping so I lightly tapped the ink pad over the rooster background and gently pressed it onto the vanilla paper.  I love how it turned out! Then I stamped the sentiment from Autumn Blessings in dark brown ink onto the bottom left corner of the paper.

Next, I cut two strips of paper from the same French Country 6 x 6 paper pad (solid red and dark brown text), and then cut notches in the bottom with scissors.  I layered them on the right side of the paper, overlapping them slightly.  A strip of mustard cardstock was cut with the Anastasia Border die by Cheery Lynn Designs, and adhered at the top of the card.

Some leaves were cut from olive cardstock using the Rose Leaf Strip die from Cheery Lynn Designs, and glued down onto the card.  The Sunflower die was cut twice from a soft yellow paper from the French Country 6 x 6 paper pad.  I sponged the tips with mustard ink and adhered the two sunflowers together.  The center of the Sunflower was cut from brown cardstock. I added some sparkle to it by embossing it with Brown Fizz embossing powder by Sparkle 'n Sprinkle .  Isn't that a gorgeous shimmery brown??  





I love the warm colors on this card and that touch of glittery goodness on the flower.   You can still see the piercing through the embossing powder - so cool!  If I would have covered this with glitter, it would have covered up all the intricate piercing that happens when you die cut this sunflower center.  

Thanks for stopping by to visit!  I hope you have a wonderful day.  :-)

What a pretty card for fall! Thanks Holly!!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used. 

There are lots of products just added to the Clearance section of the Classy Cards shop.  Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

Pin It

No comments: