Sunday, October 27, 2013

How Thoughtful Card and Envelope Punch Board Tutorial

Hi - Joy here today with an acknowledgement note card and a product review!


Classy Cards 'n Such has some BEAUTIFUL paper pads. This card features Harvest Lane 6" x 6" paper pad by Simple Stories.

The frame is from the stamp set Botanical Medallions and Banners by JustRite. The sentiment is from Thanks Sentiments by Impression Obsession.

I used my favorite die from Cheery Lynn Designs called Allison's Ribbons for the tiny scallop edge on the polka dot and the Spellbinders die called Nested Oval Medallion Label Dies and a bit of thick twine.

Thanks for looking at my card.

Here is the product review:

Oh my, this is one of the best tools to come along in a long time! It is fabulous and EASY to use!  After I made this card, I realized it measured 5.5" x 4", and I did not have an envelope the correct size.  My envelopes were either too big - which looked awful - or too small.  I made an envelope that fits perfectly with the Envelope Punch Board:

1. Select the card size according to the convenient chart indicated in the first column on board.

2. Trim paper to the correct paper size indicated in the second column on board.

3. Align left edge to the score line measurement indicated in the third column on board.

4. Line up with the blue score guide and score.

5. Rotate and score the 4 sides, put each corner in the reverse punch.

6. Fold on score lines and glue.

7. Slide the card into the envelope.

You will LOVE this tool.  It is amazing and it's not too early to be asking Santa for one!  Beverly has them in the store right here

Hints:  I found that light weight paper makes better envelopes than cardstock.  I used the reverse punch on the board to round the corners on my card.


I found out my card size is called a 5-bar card size - never head of it.  They say you learn something every day. I learned a new card size and how to make a quickie envelope for any size cards!


Pretty card and great tutorial! Thanks Joy!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products  used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





Pin It

No comments: