Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Seek and Save

Hello! Shelly Newkirk, one of our guest designers, has another card to share with us! We invite you to follow along as she shares how she made her card.


Classy Cards 'n Such products used in this design

Labels Twenty-Nine by Spellbinders
A2 Matting Basics A by Spellbinders
Victorian Romance Flourish by Cheery Lynn Designs
Winter 2011 Seasonal Ink Pads by Tim Holtz - Bundled Sage
Cardstock - Sage Green and White
Embossing - Floral folder
Designer paper
Adhesive - glue

I started with a piece of 3.75 x 5 inch white cardstock and embossed it in a floral folder. I layered the embossed piece over a panel of sage green cardstock and trimmed the green to a narrow border and then centered and attached it to an A2 (4.25 x 5.5 inch) card front.

Using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Nine, I selected one of the dies that will fit over the embossed layer yet leave enough of the embossing exposed to add texture to the design.

I placed the Labels Twenty-Nine on white cardstock and centered an A2 Matting Basics A die inside the Labels Twenty-Nine. Once I had it placed so that it was centered, I taped it down with low tack masking tape.  I cut and embossed. (Remember to  leave the tape on for the embossing step.)  You have now made a frame.
  
I sponged the outer edges of the frame with Winter 2011 Seasonal Ink Pads by Tim Holtz - Bundled Sage Distressed Ink. I attached pieces of a paper egg carton to the back of the frame for dimension. You could use pop dots, foam mounting tape, etc.

I selected a piece of DP (aka – design paper or scrapbook paper), and cut a piece that was slightly larger than the opening of the frame. I glued the frame onto the DP and attached the layers to the card front.

The computer generated Scripture is also raised with paper egg carton and then centered inside the frame.  Any phrase or greeting that is small enough to allow the DP to show around the edges will work.

Using white cardstock, I cut a Cheery Lynn Designs Victorian Romance Flourish. I sponged with the Winter 2011 Seasonal Ink Pads by Tim Holtz - Bundled Sage and cut apart. (See card above how I cut the flourish). I used a tooth pick to apply very small dots of glue to the back of this type of die cut.  The edges of the pieces did hang over part of the frame.  Where appropriate, I used a small scissors and trimmed the flourish even with the edge of the frame.


For the finishing touch, three pearls were added to the lower right corner of the frame using an Ice White Viva Decor Pearl Pen.

What a pretty card! Thanks Shelly!! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products Shelly used.

Have you joined the Classy Cards newsletter group?   They get the best weekly deals, Classy Flash Sales and a one time 20% discount on an entire order!!  Sign up under the pink envelope on the left side of the Classy Cards blog.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


 
Pin It

No comments: