Sunday, October 6, 2013

Pink Scallops

Hi Classy friends!  It's Holly posting today, and I've got a pink, pink, and pink card to share with y'all.  LOL!



Isn't that pink???  I created this card using dies from the new My Favorite Things Blueprints 3 and Blueprints 4  die sets, and various shades of pink cardstock.

I started by stamping the sentiment from You Are Beautiful (Impression Obsession) with black ink at the top of the white layer.

Cut eight layers of the scallop border from the Blueprints 4 - two each of four different colors. I started by layering the darkest pink scallop borders at the bottom, then the next shade of pink, then the lightest shade of pink and I ended with two layers of white scallops.

To top off the scallops, I cut the darkest shade of pink cardstock with the pierced straight border die from Blueprints 3 and adhered that above the white scallops.  I trimmed the excess borders from the sides of the white layer and then adhered this layer to a dark pink card base (A2 size).

Next, I cut the three shades of pink cardstock with the small flower die from the Blueprints 3.  I pinched the petals with my fingers to give them a little dimension before adhering some white buttons to the centers and then I affixed the flowers to the card.

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I thought the pink colors and that wonderful sentiment would be perfect for someone who might be going through chemotherapy or radiation.  Hopefully this card will put a smile on her face and brighten her day.

A pretty card to brighten up someone's day! Thanks Holly!!

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products  used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
 
Pin It

No comments: