Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Colorful Poppy

Hi, it's Misti!  

After years of seeing an awesome stamp set, buying it and then not using it, I changed how I purchase stamps... most of the time!  *grin*   Now, I try to think about how much the stamp set is and  how many different ways I can use that stamp set. 




When I saw the JustRite Botanical Medallions and Banners stamp set, I knew it was going to be a versatile set.  I've used it a couple of other times already... you can see the cards here and here.  I like the fact that even using the poppy, the cards look completely different. And I haven't even used all of the stamps in the set!  

I used ivory cardstock for my base and for my image panel.  The stamped image was colored with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers and the Tim Holtz Water Brush, using the colors listed above in the supplies list.

Using the Nested Oval Medallion Labels Dies, I cut my image panel and the black accent layer. I built my card around that panel.

The black patterned paper and  the burgundy solid paper are both from the French Country 6" x 6" paper pad by Graphic 45. The great thing about using papers from the same paper pad, is it usually cuts the guessing down about if they are going to match.

I cut my burgundy paper into a long panel and made it just a little bit bigger than the medallion panel.  I really wanted the patterned paper to show.

The Eggshell Seam Binding is beautiful with this.  I added the smallest size Black Pearls in the corner of the burgundy panel.

I am sure you'll be seeing more cards from me using this set!


Your card is just "poppin" with color! Thanks Misti!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products Misti used.

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: