Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autumn Owl

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today.  I have a really quick and easy card to share with you using the new Birch Tree with Cute Critters from Cheery Lynn Designs.



Have you seen all the new Cheery Lynn Designs dies that were just released? You can find them here. I fell in love with this new Birch Tree with Cute Critters die and bought it as soon as I saw it.  This tree will work beautifully with any season, and since it is fall, I created a fall card today.

I started with a dark brown card base (A2 size) and added a layer of the gorgeous autumn paper from the Autumn Song 6x6 paper pad.

I die cut the Birch Tree with Cute Critters from white cardstock and then sponged some brown distress ink onto the edges.  The little critters cut out at the same time the tree is die cut, so I pulled the owl out and sponged him very heavily with brown ink.

I adhered the tree to the left side of my card and cut off the excess tree limbs that were hanging over the edge. The owl was affixed to a tree branch with Joy Foam Pads, small to give it some dimension.

Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Anytime Sentiments (Impression Obsession), with dark brown ink right below the owl.

This card is quick and easy, and the gorgeous colors in that autumn paper really give it a WOW factor.  There are no bulky embellishments on this card, so I can write a little note inside and pop it in the mail with a regular First Class postage stamp.


Beautiful card for Fall! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used. 

The new Cheery Lynn release is available in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop!   You can see them on pages 1-3 here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

  

Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Holly! Oh my goodness, you and I had the exact same idea with the dies and papers! I just about fell over when I saw it!! I sent mine to my mother a few nights ago. Love the colors of the papers. The only thing I did different, I used all the animals in the die.