Thursday, August 8, 2013

Slanted Hugs

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today.  I've been playing with some of my new toys from Classy Cards 'n Such, and I ended up making this fun, "tilted" card to share with y'all.



I started by stamping the Impression Obsession Vines Cover-A-Card  background stamp with some pale brown ink ontoKraft cardstock base.  I then added a strip of vanilla paper but  tilted it to one side.  I die cut the Cheery Lynn Designs - Hugs sentiment from dark brown cardstock and glued it down on the vanilla paper. This is actually the larger size die cut from the set.

Next came some strips of die cut "ribbon" on both sides of the vanilla paper - totally fun to mix and match!  It's actually cardstock that I cut with the new Cheery Lynn Designs - Allison's Ribbons dies. You get a ton of different "ribbon" styles with this die set (there are two dies in the package). I cut all the ribbons from both brown cardstock and some peachy cardstock.  I picked out two dark brown "ribbons" and one peach-colored ribbon.  The peach ribbon is glued to one of the brown ribbons and then glued below the vanilla strip.  The other brown ribbon was glued above the vanilla strip.

With my basic background in place, I moved on to the flourish and the flower.  I die cut the Cheery Lynn Designs -Fanciful Flourish from green paper, and then I cut the flourishes apart with scissors.  I love cutting the flourishes apart so I can move the individual flourishes around to wherever I need them.  I glued them down in the general area where I knew my flower was going to go.

The last thing I worked on was cutting out and assembling the flower.  I die cut some peach-colored paper with the Cheery Lynn Designs - Black Eyed Susan Strip. Then I cut the center fringe (on the same die with the Black Eyed Susan Strip from dark brown paper.  I used a quilling tool to roll up the fringe and set it aside to dry.  I pinched all of the flower petals with my fingers, glued the layers together, and fluffed up the petals.  I picked up the rolled-up fringe and used my fingers to spread the fringes out, then I glued this down into the center of my flower petals.  I glued the flower down over the green flourishes.

I had a lot of fun creating this card.  I used some new dies, and tried out this new tilted style on my card.  The new ribbon dies are so much fun - there's so many different styles you can use!


 Beautiful! Thanks Holly!!

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until then...

 

 



Pin It

No comments: