Thursday, August 15, 2013

Henry Takes A Spin

Hi!  It's Misti again!

These cars make me smile every time I see them.  I think they are great for any age guy in your life!  You could also make this card using the Go Granny Go car stamp for a female version found at Classy Cards 'n Such.




Supplies used:
Layering Swatches #2 - I used the Deep Blue
  
I started out using white cardstock as the base. The next layers are a dark navy with white on top. 

From the  Summer Fresh Simple Stories paper pad, I cut part of the plaid sheet to attach to the bottom half of the card. 

I dyed the White Satin String with my Vintage Photo marker to make it a little more masculine looking. I attached the string just above the plaid paper to give it a finished look. My guys didn't say a word about it being too girly!  *grin*

Using one of the larger stamps from the Cars - Henry Sparkle 'n Sprinkle, I stamped it on white cardstock. I colored the car with the Tim Holtz Distress markers and blended the colors using a Tim Holtz Water Brush. The water brush really gives you a great way to spread your colors from dark to light tones.

Last step was to layer two panels from the Layering Swatches #2 under the white stamped car panel. 

This card was easy to put together by using the colors from the plaid sheet in this paper pad. 

So "drive on over" to the Classy Cards 'n Such store and check out all the goodies Beverly has to offer! If you can't find what you're looking for, just email Beverly. 

Really a great guy card! Thanks, Misti!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products Misti used.

Would you like to be eligible to win $25 in Classy Cards product?   Then Pin to Win!!!  Click here to see how!
 
Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

 
 
Pin It

1 comment:

Lee said...

It really is a GREAT masculine card! Love the dyed string!