Thursday, August 1, 2013

Don't Throw Out Your Scraps!!

 Hi everyone!  It's Karen posting today. One tip I'd like to share with you all is "Don't Throw Out Your Scraps"!!  By saving the little pieces left over from making cards and projects, you can create all sorts of things.  I made this card using little end pieces and left-overs from several of the cards I've made recently.  


The base patterned paper is from the Webster's Pages Spring Market Collection.  All the other little pieces are from this same collection and the Simple Stories Summer Fresh Paper Pad.  I pieced them all together and machine stitched them to the base.  Each piece is inked with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks in either Barn Door Red or Bundled Sage.  

The sentiment I used is a rub-on from the My Sentiments Exactly Friends Set.  I tied some baker's twine into a few coordinating buttons, and adhered them to my card using 1/8" Scor-Tape which works perfectly for safely securing embellishments.  I stapled a small piece of the Natural Trim to the side of the card, and also sewed down a piece of the darling Trendy Tape in Polka Dot Red.  

I hope you'll take some time today to check out all the darling supplies available at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Have a great day!
Have you signed up for the Classy Cards newsletter yet?   Subscribers get the best deals!  Sign up using the form on the top left of the blog under the pink envelope now!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It's ecletic! Your use of scraps made me think of my great-aunt's farm house. She had so many things mixed and matched and yet it all went together so perfectly. Love the card!