Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Bluebird for Summer

Hello, it's Diane  today on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog to share with you this super cute birdie card.

We still have some summer left and it felt like the kind of  day to create a summery card and this cute stamp was perfect!



I don't know if you are familiar with Stampavie stamps or not, but once you see them I know you will LOVE them as much as I do.
 
This little fellow is called Bird on Dogwood Branch. I made him into a bluebird, I just love the pop of orange color on his belly. I colored him in with Copics and added a teeny tiny lady bug made with Viva Decor Pearl Pens, Black (out of stock) and Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Red. His butterfly friend is also part of the 2 piece stamp set. A bit of Stickles was added to the center of the flowers.

The frame you see around him is a Cheery Lynn Designs die called Polynesian Sails Oval. This die is a wonderful buy, as inside is a small doily die, so when purchasing it, it is like getting 2 dies for the price of one! What a bonus!!!

  
The polka dot paper you see (pretty isn't it?) is from the 6x6 paper pad by Simple Stories called Vintage Bliss.  Beverly has several paper pads to choose from and is adding new ones all the time. If you would like to give them a peek, you can see them here.

I finished off my card by making my own envelope with the  We R Memory Keepers - Envelope Punch Board. You just have to get one of these! They make over 60 super easy sizes of envelopes. I have to warn you, once you start making them, you don't want to stop!! 
  


It's a good way to use up some of those papers that you just don't know what to do with! These can be lined and a hint is when you cut your paper (this one is cut 8 1/8" by 8 1/8"), you cut a pretty piece of designer paper slightly smaller, maybe 8" to line the inside of the envelope before you score and punch it.  You could also use double sided designer paper, and turn out beautiful ones that way, also! I made mine out of cardstock, then just somewhat outlined my stamp with a marker and stamped it on the front!!

Some of the other items I used to make my card are:
I hope you enjoyed my project today...and I will see you again soon!


A very pretty card! Thanks Diane!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Diane used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
Pin It

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your card is lovely! It brought a smile to my face. The stamp along with the frame is just perfect!!

Karon said...

Such a wonderful card, beautiful little stamp and love the design of the card! TFS

Ros Crawford said...

So very lovely and beautifully done!